Home > Is A > Is A CAS Latency Of 2.5 = 2-2-2-5-T1?

Is A CAS Latency Of 2.5 = 2-2-2-5-T1?

techguy41, Nov 7, 2005 #1 Sponsor frostyrootbe Joined: Dec 16, 2002 Messages: 122 I believe the cas is the "__" 2 -2 -5 part of the latency, so in your All rights reserved. Other Parameters Impacting RAM Timings Let’s take a better look at the other two parameters, Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS) and Command Rate (CMD). Actually, this is a very common misjudgment.

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD) Impact on RAM Speed Each memory chip is organized internally as a matrix. Basicly given the price diff it's worth buying CL2.0 stuff BUT given the small benefit it isn't worth getting rid of your CL2.5 stuff! Top TenStar Gerbil Topic Author Posts: 30 Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:34 pm Contact: Contact TenStar ICQ Quote #9 Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:54 pm I'm running everything stock All rights reserved.

Your cache administrator is webmaster. As an example, a typical 1 GiB SDRAM memory module might contain eight separate one-gibibit DRAM chips, each offering 128 MiB of storage space. Thanks for all the help gang. While both modules may run at the same clock rate, the second one will be faster, as it will deliver data sooner than the first one.

Basically, get the higher stuff (PC2700, PC3200) for possibly moving to another board in the near future. did you mean buy PC2700 instead of PC2100? So, while the first data would delay CL clock cycles to exit the memory, the next data would be delivered right after the prior data that has just come out from To understand them, bear in mind that the memory is internally organized as a matrix, where the data are stored at the intersection of the lines and columns.

Oh, 2x256MB I see. CAS 2 = better than CAS 2.5), and I picked up that it's because the less latency, the better. Chimpi Junior Member Joined: Apr 22, 2003 Messages: 1 Likes Received: 0 Okay, I'm new to the boards, and I'm really interested in building my knowledge of computers. Anybody know if KR7A-133R had the 1/5 divider for 333FSB operation?

Do I have to do any settings changes in my BIOS or anything to make sure it's all running at the correct speeds or will my BIOS detect the differences in Austin, can you tell me further about how/what I should set my BIOS settings to for FSB and RAM timings, etc?? Also, I need to get a better heatskink/fan before I do that, b/c I currently have the stock AMD heatsink/fan combo. Dynamic RAM is arranged in a rectangular array.

Please try the request again. https://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5748 It will just downclock it to PC2100 speed if I have some PC2100 RAM mixed in with it?? tRCD: RAS to CAS Delay. GripS, Nov 8, 2005 #5 Sponsor This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies.

Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] More information about the freebsd-questions mailing list ERROR The requested URL could not be retrieved The I think I saw like 2.50 difference on the website I would be buying it from... As DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memories can deliver two data per clock cycle, they are rated with double their real clock rate. Samuel Colt made them equal." "Government does not tax to get the money it needs; government finds a need for the money it gets." - Ronald Reagan Top TenStar Gerbil

This parameter carries the letter “T” with it. Possible values are 1T or 2T, meaning one clock cycle or two clock cycles, respectively. Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization. I currently have the 2-256 mb sticks = 512 mb total. Here is an example.

Advertisement Recent Posts News from the web #3 poochee replied Feb 13, 2017 at 12:49 AM Guyzer's Stuff poochee replied Feb 13, 2017 at 12:46 AM Limited/No Internet Connection Cmoor replied Due to the increased timings, the memory may achieve a lower performance, even though it is now configured to run at a higher clock rate, due to the latency that was Stay logged in Sign up now!

Stay logged in Sign up now!

Hope I heped at least a little. "God created man. I just wanna make sure that I can do this and do it without causing any harm before I try it. The time it takes between disabling the access to a line of data and the beginning of the access to another line of data. Latest: jhansman, Feb 13, 2017 at 1:09 AM Off Topic What controls Turbo Core in Xeons?

frostyrootbe, Nov 7, 2005 #2 loserOlimbs Joined: Jun 19, 2004 Messages: 7,800 Frosty has it. KT266A is only usually able to run the RAM at FSB speed at 133/266FSB speeds and above so you shouldn't need to worry there. The CPU is a 754 pin...specs below..hope this sheds some light on the situation...if anyone wants me to throw up some debug info let me know!! Show Ignored Content As Seen On Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Yes, my password is: Forgot your password? What FSB speed are you running or planning to run? For example, even though you may achieve 1,600 MHz (800 MHz x2) with DDR3-1333/PC3-10600 modules, on these modules it may be necessary to increase the memory timings, while on DDR3-1600/PC3-12800 ones the manufacturer As with the other parameters, these two parameters work with the memory real clock (which is half of the memory labeled clock). The lower these parameters, the faster the memory will be.

The system returned: (22) Invalid argument The remote host or network may be down. There are settings in your bios that can adjust the aggressiveness of your memory timings. The CAS latency can only accurately measure the time to transfer the first word of memory; the time to transfer all eight words depends on the data transfer rate as well. By the way, if you are interested in knowing the difference between DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memories, read our tutorial on this subject.

The real clock of the DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memories is half of the labeled clock speed. Therefore DDR400 memories work at 200 MHz, DDR2-800 memories work at 400 MHz, and DDR3-1333 memories work at 666 There are plenty of other latencies and timings so 1 number really doesn't sum it up. Try Crucial's site as they not only have excellent RAM and free del but will also allow you to enter your mobo in and show you your options AND guarantee it Thus, for two memory modules running at the same clock rate, the one with the lowest CL will be faster.

This row is then active, and columns may be accessed for read or write. To access memory, a row must first be selected and loaded into the sense amplifiers. Adding everything we’ve seen, the time elapsed between issuing the Precharge command and actually getting the data will be tRP + tRCD + CL. What's the T1? (And on one of AnandTech's newer reviews, it was something like a memory was CL2, 2T, 5T, 2T, 1T.

I wouldn't worry about going CAS2, and just upgrade what you have. SUBSCRIBE! So, this parameter limits when the memory can start reading (or writing) a different row. Figure 4: CAS Latency (CL) A memory with CL = 7 will provide a 22.2% improvement on memory latency over a memory with CL = 9, considering that both are running at

You have been added to our newsletter! When looking at 939 pin AMD CPUs, and what memory to get, I noticed that for one major quality RAM maker, the timings they recommended for Intel CPUs were faster than